Thank you for your interest in the Jewish Repertory Theatre
Due to Covid-19 we are at this time not taking play submissions.
Please check back next season.
Jewish Repertory Theater accepts submissions of full length and one act plays for production at our theater as well as plays that may be presented as a part of our three-part reading series each season. Our theatre is interested in works that explore Jewish identity and stories, and that appeal to a diverse range of audiences. We also may consider works that are written by a Jewish playwright that explores topics outside of Judaism.
Please note at this time we are considering plays that:
- Have specific and substantial Jewish content
- Have a cast size that does not exceed five people for full productions, (casting may include multiple roles played by one actor) and up to 12 for staged reading productions
- Explore Jewish identity through humor, drama, or both
- Explore unknown or rarely written about Jewish topics or history
- Have a set design that can accommodate a smaller stage
- Have been written by a Jewish playwright
The Jewish Repertory Theater Staged Reading Series strives to bring engaging content to our patrons between our regular season productions. In the past we have done readings of both published and un-published works. Plays that are chosen will typically receive a one-night reading and will be cast with professional actors from the Buffalo theater community. The readings will be publicized throughout the season along with our full-scale productions. Plays chosen for the reading series will be considered for full-scale productions in future seasons.
We are currently accepting submissions for our 2020-2021 season. Script submissions (PDF and Word docs preferred) and any questions may be directed via email.
Thank you for your work and talent in creating art for the world to see and hear!